The Craignair Inn, located in Spruce Head, ME, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our 1928 coastal property, the Inn is not completely accessible for wheelchair or scooter. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
The physical barriers include the following:
- The walkway from the parking area to the front door has some level changes.
- All guest rooms located in the main inn are located on the second and third floors.
- There is no elevator to guest rooms.
- The Vestry building requires the navigation of four outdoor steps to enter the building to access the first floor rooms.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair or scooter.
- No rooms include a roll in shower.
So all guests can enjoy The Craignair Inn, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property and our efforts are ongoing. We offer the following for those with limited disabilities:
- The Clark Island Room – located on the first floor of the Vestry Building features a queen and two twin beds. The en-suite bath offers a step-in shower with seat, grab bars in the shower and toilet area. The Clark Island room is located just at the top of the four stairs to enter the Vestry Building, making it one of the shortest walks of all of our rooms.
- The Eagle Island Room – located on the first floor of the Vestry Building features a king bed and partial ocean view. The en-suite bath offers a tub-shower combo and wall mounted vanity. The Eagle Island room is located just at the top of the four stairs to enter the Vestry Building, making it one of the shortest walks of all of our rooms.
- Metal handrail on the walkway from the street to the entryway.
- We can also accommodate special diets including vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, low sodium, low-carb and low-fat.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit The Craignair Inn can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 207-910-6622 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.