For those of you who frequently walk down to the end of Clark Island Road to get some fresh air and take in the views, you know we have been working hard over the past couple of months and making quite a racket. Not only have we been working with Maine Coast Heritage Trust to expand our parking lot for Clark Island visitors, but we have also been working on updates to the inside and outside of the restaurant.
The outdoor Clark Bar is now open for homemade ice cream, snacks, and cocktails 7 days a week from 2pm – sunset (or by chance). We want you to feel safe and comfortable dining with us, so we have added new outdoor options including an outdoor walk-up bar for you to enjoy drinks and ice cream overlooking the causeway without ever stepping a foot inside.
The restaurant has a new name and look. The Causeway restaurant is open for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights (5pm-8:30pm). If you choose to dine inside you will be met with an updated look and feel. We have take half of our tables out of commission and are spacing all guests at least six feet apart. We keep the windows open to flow fresh air inside. In partnership with HospitalityMaine, we pledge to take the Maine Restaurant Promise which is outlined below. Please be in touch if you have any questions on our new procedures and protocols.
To ensure everyone’s safety as we welcome you back to Maine’s dining rooms, we ask that we make the following promises to each other:
OUR PROMISE TO YOU:
- We will continue to be a leader in safe sanitation practices, ensuring that every location has a Certified Food Protection Manager as required by the State of Maine.
- We will adhere to all of the requirements in the COVID19 Checklist for Maine Restaurants as issued by the Maine DECD, including but not limited to:
- Staff will wear face coverings at all times
- Staff will practice good hand hygiene at all times. Frequent handwashing is preferable to wearing gloves
- Ensure that all staff members are feeling healthy and symptom free prior to every shift.
- All indoor and outdoor seating options will comply with the appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to all customers and employees.
- We will clean and sanitize common areas and surfaces regularly.
- We will clean and sanitize each dining area after every use.
- Place settings, utensils, menus, and condiments will either be single-use or will be cleaned and sanitized after every use.
YOUR PROMISE TO US:
- You will wear a face mask when entering and/or exiting the building or moving about the building. You do not need to wear a face mask when seated at your table.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please help us keep everyone safe by staying home and using our contactless delivery options.
- If you have underlying health conditions or are otherwise concerned about contracting COVID-19, please consider using our contactless delivery options.
- You agree to follow the social distancing and sanitary guidelines that have been put in place to protect you and our other customers and employees.
- If you have any questions about the Maine Restaurant Promise, please ask for Lauren or Greg who will be happy to assist you.