“We wake up everyday and get to enjoy the amazing beauty of the Maine coastline and the Atlantic Ocean. It’s a truly remarkable gift that we do not take for granted. Since taking over the Inn at the beginning of 2019, we have made it our mission to make our hotel near Camden, Maine a model of how to run a business in a sustainable, environmentally-conscious way. We’re always working on improving these efforts, but below is a list of changes that we have implemented to reduce our impact on our environment.” – Lauren and Greg Soutiea
Luxuriate at Our Inn While Embracing Sustainability
From the free electric vehicle charging station to our luxury Brooklinen and Comphy brand 100% cotton sheets and towels, you will find our top priority is ensuring our guests’ comfort while reducing our environmental impact.
In all of the bathrooms at our eco-friendly Maine Coast lodging, you’ll find amazing William ROAM amenities that are completely free of animal testing and dispensed out of multi-use pump containers to avoid disposing of thousands of small plastic bottles each year.
Our #1 priority is to ensure you have an amazing getaway,
and we strive for that to happen in a more sustainable way.
Powered by The Sun
Feel good staying at the Craignair knowing that we’re keeping the lights on with a system that includes 47 top of the line solar panels and 4 Tesla Powerwall backup batteries installed locally by Revision Energy. This combination will allow the inn and restaurant to utilize almost 100% of energy from the sun.
Vegetarian Breakfasts for Inn Guests
The complimentary breakfast for guests at our MidCoast Maine inn features a vegetarian menu and is sourced from local vendors whenever possible – including our great coffee! This allows us to reduce our carbon footprint while still providing a delicious dish.
Locally Sourced Dining
In addition to serving delicious seafood, our MidCoast Maine restaurant menus feature vegetarian and vegan meal choices. We also source from local vendors whenever possible, which supports the local economy and reduces our carbon footprint.
We are proud to be recognized as an Ocean Friendly Restaurant with our commitment to stopping plastic at the source!
We offer a complimentary electric vehicle charging station (ChargePoint) for guests and visitors to use while in the area, so drive on over and charge up while dining or staying with us at the Inn.
- We use eco-friendly cleaning products.
- Our guest amenities, by William ROAM, use no animal by-products and do not use animals for testing.
- Use of luxurious 100% cotton sheets, towels and quilts provided by Brooklinen® and Comphy®.
More Ways We’re Making a Difference
- In an effort to reduce the property’s (and state’s) dependence on heating oil the main inn building upgraded to a high-efficiency self-condensing boiler in the fall of 2021.
- Individually controlled heat zones in all of our guestrooms.
- Use of elegant amenities in a dispenser system for showers that eliminates the need for hundreds of small bottles each year and partially used products.
- Purchase and use of energy efficient appliances.
- Using LED lights.
- Use of dimmable lights throughout common areas and guest rooms.
- Donation of old linens and towels for re-use at our local animal shelter.
- Old bathrobes and unclaimed guest clothing goes to local charities.
- Recycling centers in guestrooms and common areas.
- Housekeepers are trained to remove recyclable goods from rooms (i.e. newspapers, plastic bottles, soda cans).
- Sharing of our mission to reduce and how guests can participate by re-using towels.
- We purchase cleaning supplies in bulk and use refillable bottles.