Chart & Amenities
Main Inn Rooms
|St. George Room #12||Two||Queen||En-suite Bathroom||Third Floor, Ocean Views||Check Rates|
|Cobble Beach Room #6||Two||Queen||En-suite Bathroom||Second Floor, Private Balcony, Ocean Views||Check Rates|
|Causeway Room #2||Two||Queen||En-suite Bathroom||Second Floor, Private Balcony, Ocean Views||Check Rates|
|Quarry View Suite #20||Three||King||En-suite Bathroom||Third Floor, Ocean Views, Sleeper Chair||Check Rates|
|Shorekeeper Room #16||Two||King||En-suite Bathroom||Third Floor, Ocean Views||Check Rates|
|Andrew Wyeth Suite #14||Two||Queen||En-suite Bathroom||Third Floor, Work Desk||Check Rates|
|Wetland Room #18||Two||Queen||Private Hallway Bathroom||Third Floor, Ocean Views||Check Rates|
|Sea Point Room #8||Two||King||Private Hallway Bathroom||Second Floor, Private Balcony, Ocean Views||Check Rates|
|Clark Island Room #25||Four||Queen & Two Twins||En-suite Bathroom||First Floor, Pet Friendly||Check Rates|
|Eagle Island Room #24||Two||King||En-suite Bathroom||First Floor, Partial Ocean View, Pet Friendly||Check Rates|
|Owl’s Head Room #28||Two||Queen||En-suite Bathroom||Second Floor, Ocean Views, Pet Friendly, Shared Deck||Check Rates|
|Breakwater Room #27||Two||King||En-suite Bathroom||Second Floor, Partial Ocean View, Pet Friendly, Shared Deck||Check Rates|
|Marshall Point Room #26||Two||Queen||En-suite Bathroom||Second Floor, Ocean Views, Pet Friendly, Shared Deck||Check Rates|
|Ash Island Room #23||Two||Queen||En-suite Bathroom||First Floor, Partial Ocean View, Pet Friendly, Shared Deck||Check Rates|
|Tinker Island Room #22||Two||Two Twins||En-suite Bathroom||First Floor, Partial Ocean View, Pet Friendly||Check Rates|
|Swan Island Room #21||Two||Queen||En-suite Bathroom||First Floor, Pet Friendly, Garden Views||Check Rates|
Location & Outdoor Fun
Discover the perfect basecamp for exploring Midcoast Maine at our charming oceanview inn and restaurant, located at the end of a quiet road and connected to the Clark Island Preserve via a walkable causeway.
- Halfway between Rockland and the Marshall Point Lighthouse
- 15-minute drive from downtown Rockland
- Secluded and peaceful, yet close to everything
- Gateway to the Clark Island Preserve with miles of hiking trails, sandy beaches, and tide pools
- Explore ecological features such as intertidal salt marshes, mudflats, and designated wildlife habitats
- Explore the eastern shoreline granite wharf, where large ships once tied up to load quarried stone, the abandoned granite quarry, and old foundations that are still visible in the fields and forests.
Enjoy a luxurious stay in one of our 8 guest rooms and suites in the Main Inn or 8 dog-friendly seasonal rooms in the Vestry building.
- Crisp, classic Percale sheets, cotton towels, and quilts from Brooklinen® and Comphy® and robes in our main inn rooms
- Eco-friendly cleaning products and guest amenities that are free of animal by-products and animal testing
- Complimentary high-speed wireless internet access
- Electric vehicle charging station (ChargePoint) for inn and dining guests
Relax and unwind in our inviting common spaces, designed for gatherings and entertainment.
- Craignair Gallery showcasing local art and dining experience
- Cozy fireplace, piano, guitar
- Library with books, games and puzzles
- House telescope to observe seals and stars
- Waterfront lawn with Adirondack chairs and fire pit in summer
Start your day with a delicious and eco-friendly breakfast, made from locally sourced ingredients. Be sure to try our Maine Blueberry Pancakes, a guest favorite!
- Vegetarian, made-to-order complimentary breakfast
- We’re happy to provide vegan options or accommodate other dietary restrictions and allergies
- Juices and custom blend dark roast coffee from local Rock City Roasters
Restaurant & Bar
Enjoy panoramic views, a cozy atmosphere, and delicious meals at our Causeway Restaurant and Clark Bar.
- Deck seating for ocean-view dining and cocktails, open year-around with heaters
- Featuring vegetarian and vegan meal options, sourcing from local vendors whenever possible
- Recognized as an Ocean Friendly Restaurant for our commitment to reducing plastic waste
- A deposit equal to 50% of your stay is due at the time of booking.
- Reservations at our Maine Coast inn can be moved or canceled up to 2 weeks before the earliest possible arrival time (3 pm) for your reservation, for a full refund of the advanced deposit, less a $40 per room administrative charge.
- Should you need to cancel, alter or reduce your stay 14 days or fewer prior to your arrival date, we will retain the full deposit.
- Cancellations made with less than 48-hours prior to arrival, and no-shows will be charged 100% of your stay.
- We hope you understand that, unlike larger hotel chains, we are a small family-run Inn and require a bit more time to try to recover lost income. Please call us with any questions or concerns.
Group Rentals, Extended Stays, and Wedding Packages are subject to special terms and conditions.
Group Cancellation Policies:
This refund policy pertains to rooms booked within a group block of 3 or more rooms (for example – a wedding, family reunion, or other rooms booked together). If the room is canceled 31+ days before check-in date, 50% of the room deposit shall be refunded. If the room is canceled 30-14 days before the check-in date, the full room deposit shall be forfeited. For rooms canceled less than 14 days before check-in, the full balance will be due.
Check-in is available between 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm. Please notify us if you will be arriving late and you will find your room key and directions hanging on the iconic Craignair Inn whale, hanging from the office door.
Check out by 11:00 am. You are welcome to leave your vehicle past 11 am if you are hiking, kayaking, brunching, enjoying the beach, etc.
A deposit equal to 50% of your stay is due at the time of booking.
Smoking and Candles
As a courtesy to staff and guests smoking is not permitted on The Craignair Inn property. You may not smoke any substance on decks, porches, or at the fire pit. For your safety and the safety of others, candles or other sources of open flame are not permitted in the guest rooms. Any guest violating the non-smoking or open flame policy will be billed an additional $300 for clean-up costs to the room.
We are happy to welcome children in certain rooms. Our Clark Island room #25 can accommodate up to 4 people. The Quarry View Suite and the Andrew Wyeth Suite can accommodate a child. The pull out twin bed in the suite is comfortable for a child up to age 13. Children over the age of 3 are $35/night. There is no extra charge for infants ages 0 – 3 years old and rooms that can accommodate a pack-n-play are the Andrew Wyeth Suite #14, Eagle Island room #24, the Marshall Point room #26, and the Owl’s Head room #28.
Our dog guests are welcome in the Vestry Rooms (#21-28) which open directly to the outside, onto a common deck area. Please note that these rooms are only available seasonally from May-October. We do have one dog-friendly room in the winter, please call to inquire about a dog-friendly winter stay with us. The rooms at our dog-friendly Maine hotel can accommodate 2 dogs. Please keep in mind the following:
- We do charge a fee of $35 per night for any dog staying on the property, of which a portion is donated to our local Humane Society. Dogs must be fully and completely housebroken (no pee pads).
- Humans should accompany their dogs at all times. Please do not leave your dog unattended in the room. If your dog causes damage to the rooms, we reserve the right to charge your credit card.
- Dogs are welcome to join you on the deck or lawn for breakfast outside.
- Guests must pick up after their dogs and we provide stations with bags and trash receptacles throughout the property. Please be sure to use the trash cans marked for dog waste.
- Please remember to keep your dogs on a leash. Tick and Flea prevention is highly encouraged when visiting Maine.